Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Thing of Beauty


If one is to create a "Thing of Beauty" a great and willing assistant can only enhance this project!

One must also have the finest equipment at hand to turn ordinary flour, butter, sugar, eggs, salt and yeast into a culinary masterpiece. (This was my gift from Kenneth after the long 5 months apart....a new Bosch w/a stainless steel bowl, biggest motor all with an european plug!)

Careful inspection as the process is underway is vital to creating the "Ulitmate" cinnamon roll!

Let them raise to perfection while awaiting this classic gem!

Be prepared for a few casualities along the way.

A new oven is always a guessing game at first.

Be ever so watchful of little "mice" that seem to only enjoy the middle of the rolls.

While reading Sister Majorie Hinckley's little book called Small and Simple Things I found this classic little line:
"The smell of bread baking somehow slows down the world and feeds my soul in a small and simple way."

As a child, is there any better smell when you walk through your front door after a long day at school then freshly baked bread? I challenge anyone to find something that smells more heavenly than that. I was one of the luckiest children growing up, we had a mother who baked bread pretty much on a daily basis. Just walking through the door on an artic Alberta winter day, and taking a deep breath of that lovely aroma would chase all my troubles away and make the world right once more. I have a feeling that when we return the heavens after this life it will have the scent of freshly baked bread.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Oh I want one of those cinnamon rolls so badly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I miss these Bonnie specialties! They always taste better when someone else makes them. Cool new Bosch! I want to get the stainless steel bowl for mine, but I fear that may result in more baking and I don't get nearly the smae results that you do.

    ReplyDelete