Thursday, November 25, 2010

Bonnie's List


I just love this photo, Kenneth thinks I haven't changed that much! Still on the chubby side! :) I have about 2 minutes to write my little thankful list before I need to check on bread and try to put a baby down for a nap, change the laundry and vaccum!
Trying to put into a list all that I am thankful for will take forever, so I'm just going to put all the things that pop into my head in the next 2 mins: Kenneth, the children, my parents, my sisters, my brothers, Vonage phone system, internet, emails, online shopping, my scriptures, recipes books, old disney movies, amazing ancestory, missionaries, prayer, answers to prayer, warm home (even though it is tiny, tiny, tiny), a washing machine, a dryer, a dishwasher, a fridge, books to read, cameras, cross stitching (when I have the time which right now is NEVER), my calling (I don't know how thankful Kenneth will be for that when enrichments get rolling!), warm coats for all my children, food to feed my children each day, my little Tristan and Bella (Aunt Bonnie misses you so much), Avery, Brady, Cody, Emma, Oakley, Olivia, Esther and Mister Briggs! Sisterly phone calls (I think today I'm going to finally figure out how to conference call), laughter, good oldy goldy movies, my ipod, the Ensign, New Era, Friend, cousin for the kids in Norway, for my time in Provo can't wait to see you again, Airplanes, cheap airfare, kleenex, toothpaste, and CHOCOLATE. (Dr. Pepper would of course be on this list as well, but unfortunately the one they make here isn't the same). I love Thanksgiving even if you read Spencer's Thanksgiving from the 4th grade where he informs his class and teacher that we didn't have turkey we went to I-hop instead for breakfast (I was working tons and didn't want to do a full blown turkey dinner as I knew 3 weeks later I would be doing it for Christmas so we just played games and relax on Thanksgiving day--however that story is now published in his book "All about me" so the story will live forever!). How vitally important it is to reflect on the things we have and not worry so much about what we don't have. I need to have that plasted on my fridge right now. Life here is good, just hard. I think the children have all found their little "place" right now it is just Mom who is struggling. Chin up, Shoulders back, socks pulled up and off we go. Time for our adventure here with smiles and A LOT of chocolate along the way!

1 comment: