Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Mission Accomplished!



I thought this day would never come! This day will be remembered in my memories as "Miracles comes to those who wait and pray for them!" After endless, and I mean ENDLESS, days, weeks, months, and dare I say years of asking, begging and pleading, Spencer has finally found something he loves to read without being asked to. He loves a good book, but seems to only love to read if we are reading right there with him. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE, and ADORE reading with my children, but sometimes Mom needs to cook dinner, fold laundry, feed a baby, pay the bills etc etc.
So it has been a well fought battle, with much conspiring and strategy being played on both sides to have Spencer do SOME of his assigned reading minutes each day by himself. Also these assigned reading minutes, according to me, could not be just the sports page or SI, there had to be a novel involved, some sort of story to follow.

As you see now, Spencer has found the joy of reading a great book. He seems to love these books called: The Diary of a Wimpy Kid. I haven't read them myself so I cannot give a complete review, but if they will get the most stubborn child to read by himself for over 1/2 an hour they are worth their weight in gold!


No comments:

Post a Comment