Monday, February 1, 2010

Big Gunner!

The title of Big Gunner has always been reserved for my brother Allen. I am not sure when we started calling him that and not "buck-a-tardie", but he has been affectionately known as "Big Gunner" for quite sometime.

My Spencer is so very much like his Uncle Allen in numerous ways, therefore in my mind he has inherited the nickname: Big Gunner. (I have a feeling Tristan may gain that title as well)! I fondly remember walking down the stairs in my parents' house, always discovering Allen size hand prints overhead. There isn't a door frame in my house now that doesn't perform a double duty....1: door frame. 2: make believe hoop in order to practise our slam dunks on!




These photos go in a sequence. I tried out the sports setting on my camera. I tried diligently to get some action shots during Spencer's game, but William proved to be too much of a challenge for that to happen, I did manage one shot and here it is:
The children are loving playing bball, and I must admit it is stirring up a wealth of fond memories for me. I have forgotten how much I really love the game and how much I miss playing it. Maybe one day before I get too old and immovable I'll be able to get out on the parquet floor and call out BASIC one last time!

1 comment:

  1. Hard to believe how big he is! I still think of him as the little toddler that walked around the table trying to steal our food!

    ReplyDelete