Thursday, April 29, 2010

T'was the Night Before Friday!

T'was the night before Friday and the house seemed to shutter
Due to the size of all the chaos and clutter.
Mounds of wash to be found this way and that,
There was so much to do, I just sighed and I sat.

The dishes were scattered, no order was found
Off to the mad house, for sure am I bound.
With homework to do and baby to feed
A heavenly miracle was sent for indeed.

Discouraged, disheartened and tears at the ready
I braced myself, to be divided among many.
Where was my pep, my vigor and vim?
Pack up and shipped out as all the lights did dim.

Amazingly enough, the heavens did hear
And sent me some aid from those who were near.
The relief did not come with a bang or a boom.
It came with my children who were all in the room.

Through Art work and songs a smile did appear
The answer to the stress and the strain was so clear.
The days will come and go without hold
One can come in and enjoy, or be left in the cold.

So the next time order and patience take flight
I must remember not to lose sight.
Success of my day is tallied in Kisses,
Not in ironing, laundry or washing the dishes!

(Mom wanted me to add that I did not get this poem in any book, I wrote it tonight amongst all the chaos!)


Spencer showed me this drawing he did, it made me smile and laugh inside, because while he was drawing away, I saw him stand up and make some of the poses in order to get the hands and arms just right! (Allen: I think that is Mom at the left at her 8th grade dance)

Espen drew this a while ago, I just love it and thought I would post it for Kenneth! I love your glasses! I also Love Espen's clouds!

No comments:

Post a Comment