Monday, August 16, 2010

First Day of School!

I wish I had photos of the day, but unfortunately for me Kenneth took off a little earlier than the children and me this morning. He set off with the Elders to hike the every popular, majestic Preikestolen! I plan on entrying his photos at a later date. However, on to the children and their historic day of school in Norway.
The children are attending a special school inorder for them to learn the language. I'm not sure how long they will be with this school. They say 1-2 years, but I have a feeling that by Christmas they'll be ready to go to the "real" school. Plus I really would like them to get to know the children we live around, so we'll see how things are come Christmas Break. We are so lucky that it is right around the corner from our house, so we walk about 10 minutes and we're there. The playground, unfortunately, leaves a little to be desired, but I guess they'll just have to use their imaginations a little more!
Sabrina and Spencer are in the same class, so that should pose something interesting. I need to get organzied because they have such focus on the language their math, writing etc will be lowered to an easier level. So we get to do "Homeschooling" as well this year. I'm excited to try it out as I have a feeling this is were we are headed for High School and later years of Middle School. Espen has a small little class with quite a friendly teacher so he seems completely settled. Spencer is of course the tallest in the entire school, but well, he would have been that if we had stayed in Provo as well!
So off we go on our adventure over here. Life has been BEYOND diffcult this last year. I'm really ready to see it behind us now. I hope that we'll find our way over here soon. I think having the older children settled more now will definetly help. Living a stones throw away from the missionaries has proven to be a great blessing. They are so fun and positive it has been great for the older children. Spencer just inherited a ton of ties the other day, and I don't think the Elders mind so much having us close. All our extra goodies seem to make their way over to them by the end of day!
Well, little Will has had it! I might be adding the odd entry now and again with just writing. I plan on making a blog book one day, and this is doing double duty as my journal as well! I don't think I'll ever scrapbook again!

No comments:

Post a Comment