Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween 2009



It's finally here, we've made it to the end of October which can mean only one thing when you are young........HALLOWEEN! Friday the 30th the children had their parade at school, which is always fun to see how others used their imagination this year.
This year's costume menu seemed almost like a match at Wimbledon. Sabrina went back and forth between many, many, many different ideas. She finally decided on being an "Old Lady". I have already called and apologized to my mother today for all the times I thought "She doesn't know what she's talking about!"
Trying to convince Sabrina that "old ladies" do have curlers in their hair was a lost cause, she insisted on the bun! She was, however, overwhelmed with my knowledge that baby powder poured generously over one's head really does make it look grey, white, and elderly! I thought after finally getting her happy and sent off to school, WOW what a little determined mind.....then I had a flashback, of myself at that age, (which I quickly tried to block out, but to no avail). I could only think......"My poor Mother, all she put up with."

She carried a little dog around with her, she has a remote and hair pins in her pocket, and fun leopard spotted slippers!

Mia was convinced that being a "Butterfly" was a fantastic choice.



Espen wanted to be a vampire. However, we couldn't locate the remaining parts of that costume, so he settled (thank goodness) on being a "Jedi-Vampire" (with much persuasion from his mother).

Espen at the school parade

Espen ready for Trunk-or-Treat, he decided that face painting was too much-so he's just a jedi now!

Spencer was probably the easiest of them all to convince, a Florida Gator's Crazed Fan.


So tonight they are off to the Trunk-or-Treat Ward Party. Tomorrow may bring more Trick-or-Treating, then again, if I can convince them they have enough candy, we may rent a movie make treats and stay warm and cozy at home!
We still need to crave that beast of a pumpkin.....if I have the stamina, we may see it come together tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment