Monday, January 4, 2010

Reality Check

Reality hit me square in the face yesterday as I admired our family photos we had taken. I was as proud as a peacock as I look at my children's darling little faces, but completely horrified when I looked at myself and I started to question if that could possibly be me.

We all have our trails, shortcomings etc, I always thought mine was that I flourished a little too much in the roll of "Older Sister!" It is a running joke amongst my siblings that they are never "really" sure what my opinion is on something! (that is being sarcastic, they ALWAYS know what I think about a situation). Allen loves to tease by saying: "Come on Bon, tell me what you REALLY think!"

Be that as it may, and I really don't think that it is going to change anytime soon :), another one of my biggest harships is that I seem to take on the size of a whale after each child is born. Not only that, but it seems to take an eternity to get the weight off, and by that time, there is another child on the way.

So now I sit, knowing that it is the new year, also knowing that I am 99% sure that there really shouldn't be any more babies coming, so now there is no more excuses. This year I have finally come to the realization that life is passing me by and I am watching from my FAT pants! NO MORE. I want to look in the mirror and not have to wonder who is behind me casting that enormous reflection!

I have set the goal to lose 100lbs this year. Yes it is daunting to look at that big number, but I really need to lose that much! I would state what my weight is now, but I am not sure I want that figure rolling around in cyberspace at the minute.

So from time to time, there may be a little update on my progress, my ups and my downs, how much to date I have lost etc. I really didn't plan on writing about this, but I realized that if I did, someone might be checking up on me!
So the big goal is 100lbs by December 31, 2010. Short term goal is 10 lbs, hopefully by Jan 31, 2010!
Wish me luck, I'll need it!

2 comments:

  1. You can do anything you put your mind to, wee pet! Just do it sensibly! Love you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! I remember how successful you were when you began WW a few years back.I know you can do it again. I feel like I have been in my chubby pants for a few years now too. Actually maybe the last 13 years. It's hard to KNOW how great I can feel and look and still have a long, hard road to get there, especailly where staying motivated is concerned.
    I'll be cheering for you from the blogging sidelines. Here's to carrot sticks:)

    BTW--William is delicious!
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete